My last meal.
I decided to used the rest of the coconut meat to make an alfredo sauce. I blended:
- Coconut meat
- The scraps from 3 spiralized zucchini
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- Nutritional yeast
- Italian seasoning
- Ground black pepper
- Pink Himalayan salt
I sprinkled basil and more ground black pepper on after adding the sauce to the zoodles.
Why is this my last meal? I’m going to be juicing for rest of this month.
Although I’ve been enjoying my zoodle dishes, I have really overdone it on fat and salt and it’s taking a toll on my body and I need a reset before things get out of hand.
Like I said in my last post, I introduced fats too soon back into my diet. As for salt, I really had no intention of eating salt of any kind again. I was going to invest in salt alternatives like dulse. Also I’ve been adding olives, hearts of palm and even capers to my zoodles. I know I know not a good idea. My body has let me know it’s not happy with my latest food choices.
I made some newbie mistakes coming off the fruit feast. I need to reset my system and start over. There are other reasons for me juicing the rest of the month.
- To refocus. I’m going through a few transitions in my life and I am stressing over them. I’m moving to a new position at work and I’m moving to a new place. Which brings me to number two.
- To save money. I find that it is easier to stay on budget when I’m juicing. I know what I need to buy and where to get the best prices.
- To simplify. The whole process of juicing is simple and straightforward
I could just cut fat and salt from my diet and continue my raw vegan newbie journey. To be honest, with everything that’s going on, I don’t want to think about eating right now.
There’s another 31 day fruit feast starting in May that I plan to participate in again. This time the focus is going to be on simplicity. I’m also going to exercise this time around.
Check out my YouTube channel